MBA intern - Data Innovation at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
We have an extraordinary opportunity to help farmers harness nature to feed the planet in a sustainable manner. Our biological advancements enable us to work with farmers to improve agriculture in a way that creates enormous economic value while benefiting the environment and providing consumers with a more natural food supply.
The MBA Intern will collaborate with Indigo’s Data Innovation team to improve the profitability of Indigo businesses with scaled, creative, and strategic uses of data delivered through lightweight, ad-hoc, and prototype systems.Responsibilities:
- Possible projects include:
- Modeling the premium for a range of data-driven supply chain traceability and sustainability measures
- Proposing a framework to assess the ROI of licensed data assets as part of a portfolio approach to data sourcing
- Present clear and compelling analyses to the Data Inno Team leadership, as well as internal collaborators, via PowerPoint
- Passion for data-driven analytics and solutions
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Outstanding communication skills
- Passionately devoted to improving farmer profitability, consumer health, and the environmental sustainability of our food system
- Ability to hold and understand several complex ideas simultaneously across cross functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an insatiable interest in cutting-edge technologies who thrives in a dynamic environment
- Self-driven individual with time management skills able to execute on projects
- Interest in demonstrating value of data assets within a business
- First-year MBA candidates with a strong track record of academic excellence (3.5+ undergrad GPA)
- Academic background in business, data science, math, engineering, science, agronomy, or related field
- Experience with sustainability and/or consumer preference studies encouraged
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
*we ask that MBA candidates limit themselves to 2-3 applications (maximum) across our open opportunities*
Our application deadline for MBA internships is December 4, 2019 (EOD).