MBA intern - Crop Product Management at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The MBA intern will help support the Integrated Product Management function in deploying the most exciting products that improve grower profitability and contribute to a regenerative agriculture system. They will be primarily focused on the strategy, evaluation and delivery of our microbial products, but they will also need to understand how our microbial products fit in to the overall system of regenerative technologies and practices.
- Learn the “ins and outs” of Indigo’s key crops: wheat, soy, corn, rice, and cotton and various markets
- Help to summarize R&D product candidate performance in a clear and concise manner
- Conduct market analysis of key product segments
- Contribute to the development of the microbial product roadmap and analysis of our overall product portfolio
- Work with key stakeholders across the organization - especially within the Technology and R&D departments
- Natural curiosity with an analytical mindset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous data analysis experience strongly preferred
- Willingness to contribute wherever is needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Team player
- 1st year MBA candidate
- Experience working on product strategy or product management preferred
- Agriculture experience not necessary
- Experience managing others, able to do so in a respectful and productive manner
- Ability to work cross functionally in a positive and team-oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
*we ask that MBA candidates limit themselves to 2-3 applications (maximum) across our open opportunities*
Our application deadline for MBA internships is December 4, 2019 (EOD).