MBA intern - Corporate Development at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The Corporate Development MBA Intern and the Corporate Development organization will play a significant role in and across the Indigo organization to help drive a variety of high-priority strategic projects and initiatives.
- Evaluate novel businesses and business models that enable Indigo to achieve its revenue projections
- Develop business plans for novel businesses that would be core to Indigo's strategic positioning within 5 years
- Manage key workstreams as Indigo pursues private or public equity and debt transactions
- Assist management in preparing mission-critical analyses and materials to be ultimately used for Board and Investor presentations
- Evaluate various business model choices for the core business and value capture strategies with the Corporate Development and Commercial teams
- Develop financial models
- Develop a robust process to regularly evaluate Indigo's competitive landscape
- Assist in managing logistics for special events and Corp Dev activities
- Passion for Finance, Economics, Consulting, Project Management with a very strong detail orientation.
- Demonstrate strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Understands and can communicate financial concepts in plain terms to varying audiences.
- Experience in Financial Modeling, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Exceptional resourcefulness in getting the job done.
- Work autonomously and in a self-directed manner but always within the expectations of and parameters set by the SVP Corporate Development and other business leaders.
- Set and maintain high standards for self and the team.
- Possess strong EQ (interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills).
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and well-structured communication skills.
- Communicate both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner.
- Demonstrate a team-oriented style and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate an appropriate balance of confidence and humility.
- Demonstrated ability to gain consensus working collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal and external parties.
- Hands-on leader.
- Team building and management.
- Ability to iterate, learn and adapt quickly as the external landscape evolves.
- 1st year MBA candidate
- Banking, private equity, consulting and/or strategy/business development experience preferred
- Agriculture experience not necessary
- Experience managing others, able to do so in a respectful and productive manner that helps develop others
- Ability to work cross functionally in a positive and team-oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
*we ask that MBA candidates limit themselves to 2-3 applications (maximum) across our open opportunities*
Our application deadline for MBA internships is December 4, 2019 (EOD).