Marketing Operations Co-op (Fall 2020 - Northeastern Candidates Only) at ezCater
2nd or 3rd co-op only
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
As a Marketing Operations Co-op, you'll work on a cross-functional team focused on automating processes and driving key marketing initiatives at ezCater through marketing technology. Love solving interesting and complex problems? Interested in learning what it is like to work at a fast-paced, high-growth company? Want to learn about how data-driven, 21st century marketing is implemented in practice? Then this is the position for you!
You’ll have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of our stack of marketing technology that includes - but is not limited to - Hubspot, Litmus, Zapier, and Simon Data. You will learn how to build email in html/css, use data to create hyper-personalized experiences for our customers, and how to be an effective administrator of a CRM used by hundreds of employees.
Come learn how to be a marketing operations pro and add business value while you do it!
What you’ll do:
- You’ll learn how to build email in html/css and work with the rest of marketing operations to produce and send personalized emails that drive business outcomes for all sides of the ezCater marketplace
- You’ll become a CRM administrator and expert on Hubspot, our in-house CRM. It will be your job to ensure it is well organized, custom properties are documented and created for solid business reasons, and every piece of automation is functioning as it should
- Collaborate and assist the entire marketing team in achieving their goals and objectives
- Love to learn. This position requires someone hungry to learn new things constantly, especially things that are technical in nature
- Have an outstanding attention to detail. You are the kind of person who double or triple checks everything before you hit “send”. That’s important to do before we fire off an email to thousands of ezCater customers or catering partners
- Enjoy working in excel. You don’t need to be an expert, but you should have an interest in becoming an experienced user in excel
- Have used a CRM, marketing automation, or email sending program before. Hubspot counts. So does Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or Salesforce. You don’t need to be an expert, we will help turn you into one. But you should have used a system like this before in some capacity
- Be an analytical thinker. Numbers are your friend and not something that frightens you
- Be ‘Insanely Helpful’ and have a knack for “figuring things out.” You love helping people and you love solving problems. That’s an important combination for success in this role
What you'll get from us:
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally with all marketing teams
- Ongoing and real-time feedback to help you thrive as a marketer in a high-growth environment
- Project ownership from end-to-end and exposure to multiple functional groups
- The opportunity to work on high-impact projects that produce meaningful results and offer visibility to senior management
- A tremendous amount of authority and autonomy
- The opportunity to own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts
- With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions
- ezUniversity sessions that provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind
- Wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes, free breakfast and lunch (and many more goodies), and the knowledge that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon
- Sane working hours and flexibility around work/life balance
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.