Marketing MBA Intern at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
As a Marketing MBA Intern at CarGurus, you'll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Marketing and Product. As part of the Consumer Marketing team, you'll learn about the overarching CarGurus brand positioning and help build and drive the Product Marketing strategy and activation plans. You’ll work on developing and optimizing positioning, messaging and competitive differentiation of key products. This role requires strong partnering with functional leads and key stakeholders in Consumer Marketing, Product, Engineering, PR, Insights and several other departments to drive product marketing development.
What You'll Do:
- Deeply understand our brand, positioning, consumer segmentation, competitive landscape, and our products
- Ensures messaging, look and feel of all Product Marketing is consistent to reinforce overall CarGurus brand strategy
- Build on product messaging that sets our products apart from others in the market
- Conceptualize new product positioning in terms of relationship to existing products and external perspectives of consumers
- Maintain knowledge center for competitive product messaging, inclusive of claims
- Review market research and internal reports to anticipate product trends, competitive actions and marketing strategies
- Develop product positioning, creative messaging and marketing campaigns at all stages of the funnel
- Develop creative briefs for copy and assets needed for campaign execution
- Strategize in developing the appropriate tactical plans necessary to execute the product strategy
Who You Are:
- Proven experience as a self-starter who is comfortable in a fast paced, quickly changing environment while maintaining a results orientation
- Adept at and enjoy partnering cross-functionally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to distill complex campaign details into concise recommendations and options
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on multiple projects at once
- Willing to learn new industry trends and explore new tools
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.