Marketing MBA Intern
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
As a Marketing MBA Intern at CarGurus, you'll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Marketing and Product. As part of the Consumer Marketing team, you'll learn about the overarching CarGurus brand positioning and help build and drive the Product Marketing strategy and activation plans. You’ll work on developing and optimizing positioning, messaging and competitive differentiation of key products. This role requires strong partnering with functional leads and key stakeholders in Consumer Marketing, Product, Engineering, PR, Insights and several other departments to drive product marketing development.
What You'll Do:
- Deeply understand our brand, positioning, consumer segmentation, competitive landscape, and our products
- Ensures messaging, look and feel of all Product Marketing is consistent to reinforce overall CarGurus brand strategy
- Build on product messaging that sets our products apart from others in the market
- Conceptualize new product positioning in terms of relationship to existing products and external perspectives of consumers
- Maintain knowledge center for competitive product messaging, inclusive of claims
- Review market research and internal reports to anticipate product trends, competitive actions and marketing strategies
- Develop product positioning, creative messaging and marketing campaigns at all stages of the funnel
- Develop creative briefs for copy and assets needed for campaign execution
- Strategize in developing the appropriate tactical plans necessary to execute the product strategy
Who You Are:
- Proven experience as a self-starter who is comfortable in a fast paced, quickly changing environment while maintaining a results orientation
- Adept at and enjoy partnering cross-functionally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to distill complex campaign details into concise recommendations and options
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on multiple projects at once
- Willing to learn new industry trends and explore new tools
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.