Manufacturing & Field Engineer Student Co-Op at Soofa
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are looking for a Manufacturing & Field Engineer Co-Op to improve by assembling mechanical/electronic parts in the lab, performing functional tests, and deploying and troubleshooting Soofa Signs in Greater Boston. The ideal candidate is a junior or senior undergrad available for six months starting January 2020.
Quote from a Fall 2019 Co Op student: "Everyone at Soofa is sort of a genius and willing to teach their strengths."
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Assemble and test mechanical and electrical products
- Test components in the lab prior to deployment
- Deploy and troubleshoot products in the field
- Create project plans and provide completion timelines
- Communicate and troubleshoot with other teams; share project status updates
- Hands-on experience with mechanical and electrical assembly of products
- Comfortable operating basic power tools
- Experience with soldering wires
- Experience using a digital multimeter to measure voltages
- Familiar with basic coding principles
- Great attention to detail
- Very organized with effective time management skills
- Can work independently with little direction
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Good communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team
- Have means to move quickly and comfortably through an urban environment to visit Soofa Signs across Boston (we are big cycling/scooter enthusiasts, and we're close to Lechmere and Kendall Square on the T).
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Flexible PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Team lunches every Friday
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.