Manufacturing & Field Engineer Co-Op
Soofa is a seed-stage, leading IoT startup who is revolutionizing the way we communicate in cities. We develop technology like the Soofa Sign to help urban dwellers take the pulse of their city and connect with each other in real time. Are you ready for the smart city revolution?
We are looking for a Manufacturing & Field Engineer Co-Op to assemble mechanical/electronic parts in the lab, perform functional tests, and deploy units in the field.
- Assemble and test mechanical and electrical products.
- Deploy products in the field.
- Test components in the lab prior to deployment.
- Create project plans and provide completion timelines.
- Communicate and troubleshoot with other teams; share project status updates.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical and electrical assembly of products
- Comfortable operating basic power tools
- Experience with soldering wires
- Experience using a digital multimeter to measure voltages
- Familiar with basic coding principles
- Great attention to detail
- Very organized with effective time management skills
- Can work independently with little direction
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Good communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team
- Have means to move quickly and comfortably around an urban environment to visit Soofa Signs across Boston
Perks of working with Soofa
- Work for one of Bostinno’s 2018 coolest companies
- You’ll work with a well-connected team of Harvard and MIT grads
- Free team lunches every Friday
- Employee outings/events like bowling, snowboarding, Whiskey Wednesdays (21+), etc.
- Strong company culture focused on working hard, playing hard, and caring about each other like a family