The Vestmark Managed Services Team is medium sized team of engineers whose primary responsibility is the design, provisioning, monitoring, and operations of hardware, networks, databases and cloud services which support the VestmarkONE SaaS Platform. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to provide world class hosted services to our growing customer base. Scalability, Security, and Service Optimization are the fundamental challenges the team takes on every day. The team focuses heavily on AWS cloud deployments for new and current customers as well as troubleshooting cloud services with internal application engineers.
We are looking to add an intern to the Vestmark Managed Services team. As a systems’ engineer intern, you will work on the client infrastructure implementation and deployment team. You will be working closely with other system engineers on learning how deployments use Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to deploy services and infrastructure into AWS. You will work as a part of this team to validate infrastructure setup and connectivity and participate in planning and coordinating transitioning customers infrastructure from data center to AWS. The team is made up of level-headed, well organized, and smart individuals who enjoy working together, and enjoy the constant flow of new challenges.
- Work with the team to deploy and validate new infrastructure for development, testing and production purposes.
- Learn and understand the architecture and contribute ideas during design and planning sessions.
- Assist senior engineers in knowledge transfer and process workflow efforts to other teams.
- Troubleshoot issues across the cloud stack and contribute to resolve them.
- Participate in design reviews of architecture and performance optimization.
- Technical documentation of processes related to daily tasks and project work.
Minimum qualifications (Requirements):
- Working towards BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Understanding of high-performance systems setup in a production environment
Preferred qualifications (nice to have):
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS or AZURE
- Experience with Microsoft technologies such as Windows Server and SQL
- Familiarity with network technologies including VLAN, HTTP(S), SSL/TLS, SFTP
- Familiarity with SaaS applications
- Prior working experience in IT or related field