Machine Shop Intern
The build team is inundated with laser cutter and waterjet tasks. During the shop move the MS team’s capacity will be overloaded with build out tasks. After the construction phase we will have to organize tooling, setup machinery, create new training systems, create shop management systems. This role should be filled by someone with a few years of shop experience. Experience with CAD, Machining, or shop management is a plus.
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
We’re looking for a hands-on technician to help us build the impossible. Are you excited to build prototypes, jigs, and fixtures and support a wide range of engineering projects? Are you eager to support the construction of a brand new R&D facility? We want you as our Shop Technician.
- Work on a collaborative team of technicians to undertake tasks across product teams to help rapidly iterate and advance projects
- Undertake work in machine shop environment to fabricate parts and assemblies
- Support maintenance, training, and inventory systems in our R&D facility
- Conduct machine maintenance and repairs
- Have a background of working with your hands on things like assembly, fabrication, machining, and soldering
- Experience in building things and taking them apart
- Familiar with metal or wood work, and/or basic electronic assemblies (CAD experience a plus)
- Experience using waterjets, laser cutters, welding equipment, jig and fixture assembly
- Experience with machine tools, power tools, crimping tools, and measuring devices
- Leading trainings and performing preventative maintenance