Machine Learning Intern at Cogito
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:16 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Cogito is advancing the way people communicate by applying machine learning to enhance conversations in real time. This is your chance to gain experience in an industry leading team that is making a real difference using the latest machine learning techniques on large and unique datasets. Cogito performs in-call voice analysis and delivers real time guidance to agents and unprecedented insights to managers to an impressive portfolio of Fortune 500 clients.
We are searching for PhD candidates interested in joining our signal processing and machine learning team for a 3-month Summer Internship (May - August) The ideal candidate is in the middle of their PhD program and is looking to gain industry experience and apply their academic research to real-world problems.
As a Summer Intern you will get to develop audio, speech and language processing neural network models using extremely large, authentic conversational datasets and a machine learning infrastructure that enables running of large volumes of computationally intensive experiments.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven PhD candidate who is looking to build a path towards a machine learning industry career. This person can be based in Boston, MA or Dublin, IR.
- Execute a machine learning research project in the area of audio, speech and language processing and bring to completion in a 3-month time frame
- Record high quality machine learning code and research reports
- Produce and submit a 5-page academic conference on your internship research project
- Bachelors or greater degree in Computer Science, Math, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Minimum 2 years of PhD completed in the area of machine learning for audio, speech and/or language processing
- Existing publications at top peer-reviewed conferences (e.g., ICASSP, Interspeech, ICML, NeurIPS, EMNLP)
- Detail oriented and able to meet commitments in a rapidly expanding environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills on the fly
- Strong drive to bring project to completion despite obstacles
- Strong coding skills with scripting languages
- Fluency with modern machine learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Excellent data analysis and visualization skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Flexible schedule - mother's hours, full days, or a few hours a couple of times per week
Frequent catered lunch and live product demos
Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
Stocked groceries in the kitchen
Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Read Full Job Description