Learning and Development Intern
Please note this is a 20 hours/week internship
Are you looking for…
- Significant business impact, with visibility to employees across all levels of the organization? Check.
- An open door for creative solutions to meet learning and development needs? Check.
- The chance to work with a hyper growth company in the white-hot IT security sector where employees are empowered to take their career to the next level? Check.
Join a growing, momentum-building team as People Development programs ramp up at Rapid7! You want in? We want you!
The Learning & Development Intern will support People Development and the broader People Strategy team in creating and scaling formal and informal learning and training programs for all employees at Rapid7.
Priority #1: you are passionate about continuous learning.
Priority #2: you’re excited to tackle learning from entirely new perspectives with a highly motivated, high-impact team. If we fail, we fail fast, and try again! As employee learning needs change, our programs must, too. You thrive in this fast-paced, change-oriented environment. You’re not afraid to tackle tasks independently; however, “collaboration” is your middle name.
Specific responsibilities surrounding this role include:
- Partner with the People Development team as an administrator for our Learning Management System, including content and roster management.
- Coordinate logistics for live instructor led trainings, including material preparation, scheduling, and Gmail and Slack communications.
- Manage eLearning license distribution.
- Manage employee libraries through fulfillment of book requests.
- Research and initiate third-party vendor relationships, as necessary.
- Transcribe written feedback and prepare quantitative data in Google Spreadsheets to inform program reports.
...and more! There is flexibility in this role to focus on any component of learning and development. ELearning, onboarding, gamification, and more -- the right individual will embrace opportunities for continuous learning in any or all of these areas.
- Passion for continuous learning.
- Guru of organization and time management.
- Strong attention to detail, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong research skills to facilitate curriculum development.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently when necessary; however, collaborate when appropriate.
- Proficiency in MS Office and/or Google’s G-Suite.
- Role is 20 hours/week located in our Boston HQ.
- Scheduling flexibility.
- Prefer candidates that can make a 6-month commitment. Happy to extend to 1-year.