Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 25% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and we’re consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in lunch and breakfast, and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
Why this job is important:
Do you have an interest in Software or Consulting? Do you like to problem solve or to help with organizational efficiency? Do you want to help implement a software that is specific to the staffing industry that helps people find jobs? As a Professional Services Intern on the Solutions team at Bullhorn, you’ll work with Strategic Consultants (SC), Solutions Architects (SA) and Leadership to help improve internal processes and assist with the team's goal of providing our Clients with an incredible experience.
A typical day might include:
- Creating documentation needed for SC/SAs for client implementations
- Configuration of multiple applications in Bullhorn product portfolio Documentation of client business processes, workflows, and functional to identify solutions
- Leadership reports for management of team capacity/forecast, tasks, and risks
- Document repository clean up in Google Drive and Confluence
- Assist with development of internal training / mentoring programs & Materials
- Review/updating of Standard Operating Procedures, templates, internal materials
This job might be for you if you are:
- Actively pursuing a degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or related disciplines
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills: verbal communications and listening skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.
Bullhorn is fully committed to equal opportunities. We aim to create a working environment free from discrimination. This means all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, race, religion, or belief, gender or sexual orientation.