For Summer 2022
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you would be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will design, develop, test and enhance Markforged’s 3D printing software application features and its associated cloud services. You will learn and gain hands-on experience with web, cloud and IoT technologies & toolsets.
What have past Software Engineering Interns worked on?What will you own?
- Eiger feature that automatically packs a print bed given a set of parts
- Printer feature that uses laser to intelligently recover from a power outage mid-print
- Prototype for a high-bandwidth IoT data pipeline using an AWS stack
- Construct models and use machine learning algorithms for improving print time estimates
- Build internal automation tools for developer and deployment convenience
- Work alongside full-time engineers on mission-critical projects that drive the product and the company forward.
- Ship code live to production on your very first day.
- Actively participate in team-wide code reviews and design discussions.
- Work across our entire software stack, from our web app for collaborative part design and interacting with the printers, to our browser-based slicer, to our embedded software running on the printers.
- Design, develop and produce quality software features for Markforged’s 3D Printing Software application-suite and support tools.
- Follow Markforged’s agile development methodology to execute projects successfully on-time.
Important Note: What you have:
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- Possess extraordinary software engineering talent.
- Eager to continuously learn and improve.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Passionate about 3D printing.
- Ability to work effectively in teams with technical and non-technical members.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field at an accredited educational institution.
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you will be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services. We move at a breakneck pace but refuse to compromise on quality. We believe in “doing it right the first time” and investing in code quality, testing, tooling and infrastructure. Your ideas will directly influence the company's future. You will do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best engineers across Materials Science, Mech-E, EE, and Software.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
For all US-based roles, we offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees [who are required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically] to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.