Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a talented Co-Op to join our Information Security team. This person will have a hand in assisting with security and risk assessments and auditing. They will work closely with the team on documentation gathering and analysis for our security and compliance audits.
The individual will work on project tasks at the direction of the Information Security Manager. They will gain exposure to new technologies and security frameworks as we continue to build our security program. The Co-Op will be a proven self-starter and should have basic course work in information security completed.
- Enrolled in an Information Security/Cybersecurity college program
- Knowledge of the information security well known industry frameworks and standard methodologies
- Interest in learning more about auditing controls
- Experience with MacOS
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with working on project plans
- Must be very organized, detail oriented and thorough
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and appropriately prioritize
- Ability to quickly learn new skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Past internship or co-op experience required
- Basic understanding of Jira and concepts of Kanban
- Familiarity with IT controls
- Knowledge of vendor security assessments
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.