Industrial Design Intern
At Formlabs, we appreciate well-designed products and 3D parts that are as beautiful as they are functional. Our team designs and prototypes all aspects of Formlabs user experience and we are looking for an industrial design or architect that can create beautiful objects with our printers to showcase its capabilities and materials.
As an intern, you will create objects to be exhibited in dozens of trade shows and events, and that will be mass produced and sent to thousands of customers. If you are passionate about hands-on design and fabrication, mechanical engineering and you are ready to tackle complex problems, we want you as part of the Design Team.
*Submitting a portfolio is required*
- Love to ideate, design, prototype, test, and rapidly iterate on designs for continual improvements.
- Enjoy developing objects that are both functional and aesthetic appealing.
- Have a strong design background.
- Dedicated to seeing projects from concept through to functional prototype, both working individually and on a small team.
- Ready to share a strong portfolio of previous projects.
- Experience with design, fabrication, finishing, and painting objects with attention to details.
- Comfortable working with SolidWorks and/or Rhino (including Grasshopper).