Healthcare Finance Intern at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Healthcare Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Intern will assist to provide financial support to the business. The Intern will engage in one or more projects to drive improvements in financial reports, conduct financial modeling and analysis to support the business, improve forecast accuracy, results analysis or data governance.
• Assist with the preparation of month-end reports and communicate results to business unit leaders.
• Analyze financial results to identify key drivers of variances. Utilize various analysis techniques to identify insights and participate in communication to business unit leaders.
• Provide support to develop monthly forecasts for business units reflecting drivers of significant variances.
• Provide financial support and analysis of new business expansion projects and capital investment analysis. Will utilize discounted cash flow metrics including NPV, IRR, and payback periods.
• Assist in process improvements in planning, reporting, forecasting, and analysis to drive efficiencies, improve data integrity and derive insights to support business leadership decision-making.
• Perform Monthly Cost Center Reporting Activities.
• Monitor and track key performance indicators.
• Assist in bookings reconciliation process.
• Headcount Reporting.
• Ad hoc projects.
Education: Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
Completed 3rd year college coursework preferred. MBA/Masters candidates will also be considered.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• High level of detail orientation and organization, as well as ability to multi-task.
• Computer literacy intermediate Excel skills, Microsoft Office, Word, and Power Point.
• Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Good business acumen and be able to appropriately handle confidential information.
• Detail-orientated with strong organizational skills.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.