Geospatial Analyst Co-op at Indigo
Geospatial Analyst Co-op
Please Submit applications 6am on Tuesday, October 15th, 2019.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
As a member of the Data Innovation team, the Geospatial Analyst will use analytics, cartography, and GIS to develop insights and create compelling visualizations for a diverse problem set in the agriculture industry. You will work to create impactful and novel geospatial datasets that contribute to a living map of the world’s agricultural systems and processes.
- Identify and acquire spatial datasets from municipal, state, federal, and commercial sources and integrate the data into a unified data platform
- Create maps and visualizations for key stakeholders and decision makers within the organization
- Conduct geospatial analysis to discover trends and insights in agricultural datasets
- Understand and embody our purpose & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Proficiency in ArcGIS, QGIS, or other Geographic Information System (GIS) software
- Experience creating analytic dashboards in Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Works well as a team member in a collaborative environment.
- Course work in environmental studies, geography, urban planning, or other discipline that utilizes spatial analysis in decision making
- Strong written and visual communication skills through cartography and visualizations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Python and/or SQL a plus, but not required
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.