Finance Intern at Drift
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human. After just four years in market, the company has become one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
About the Team:
Drift is looking to add a dynamic Finance Intern to help support our Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Boston. This person will be a critical member of a team that will help scale the company by building and fostering key business partnerships across the organization.
You will be customer-centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to think independently and at the same time want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be a thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels, and focused on solving business and financial challenges.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Prepare customer orders, invoicing and billing schedules
- Communicate with customers regarding orders, cancellation requests and other general inquiries
- Assist sales and legal with new vendor forms
- Collaborate with the Sales and Customer Success to manage questions and provide guidance on the structuring of sales orders
- Support the daily reconciliation and recording of revenue transactions to Salesforce
- Partner with the accounting and operations teams to compile revenue and other key metrics data
- Assist in various month-end closing tasks with the accounting team
- Work alongside Revenue Operations and FP&A teams to tackle challenging ad-hoc projects
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Working toward/completed an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- You are a self-starter with a voracious appetite to learn and grow
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
- You are methodical in your routine and pride yourself in the accuracy of your work
- You are well spoken and your written and verbal communication is clear
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn
something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]