Events Intern (part time)
ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $22 billion market. Our 2.5M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management. we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for someone with hustle and smarts to help us execute phenomenal events. Are you super organized and do you love to check items off your to-do list? Do you want to learn how to turn an event idea into a reality? Do you love to move fast and thrive when just figuring things out? If your answers are yes, then we’d love to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
- Get down with the nitty gritty of every detail that goes into a flawless branded event. You’ll provide logistical support to the Events Manager by sourcing venues and vendors; preparing and shipping on-site materials; arranging travel; and contributing to the strategy.
- Master event technologies. You’ll update event pages, maintain guest lists, and respond to vendor and attendee inquiries.
- Help get the word out about our events. You’ll work cross-functionally to publicize our events across a variety of channels.
- Contribute to event activation and design brainstorms. You’ll help improve our presence at tradeshows, sponsored events, and our own event series.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college and have at least one internship under your belt
- Obsessed with details and known for quadruple-checking your work
- Interested in a career in marketing and eager to learn in a fast-paced environment
- A quick thinker with a proven ability to find creative solutions that help ensure “the show goes on”
- Willing and able to lift 25+ pounds (alongside your team - we’re in this together!)
This is a paid internship. We can be flexible to your schedule as long as you're able to give us approximately 24 hours per work week.
*Please include a cover letter that tells us about an event you’ve attended that you thought was successful. Include why you thought it was successful and two ideas for what would have made it even better.*
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.