Greater Boston Area
Demiurge Studios is looking for talented, budding programmers for paid internships at our Cambridge, MA office! As an engineering intern at Demiurge you’ll work on the front lines, implementing features alongside our designers, artists and engineers, which have a direct impact on our players and other developers. Demiurge development teams are cohesive, highly skilled and well-supported…come join us!
- Implement, test, debug, and maintain source code
- Work closely with art and design to understand and define game features and system requirements
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and to specification
- Think creatively and work proactively to solve any blocking issues for yourself and your teammates
- Track your development progress and keep production management well-informed
- Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace
- Working toward or possesses a BS or higher degree in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Has an interest in good software engineering practices and maintaining code quality
- Self motivated and able to achieve development goals with some supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- A passion for video games!
Preference to Applicants With
- Previous professional or hobby game development experience
- Prior C/C++ programming experience
- A background in 3D math, trigonometry and linear algebra
- Prior Python and Django experience
- Database development experience with SQL
- Previous experience architecting APIs with JSON
Creating games is our passion. Founded in 2002 and acquired in 2015 by SEGA Networks, we bring years of expertise to our projects. Our developers build fun, accessible mobile games like our recent hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. Based in Cambridge, MA, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Read Full Job Description