BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The entire BookBub team is currently working remotely, and this position will be onboarded and work remotely during this time as well. Our team values the health and safety of our people above all else, and though we hope to return to the office as soon as it's safe to do so, we are continuing to work distributedly for the foreseeable future.The Editorial & Production Co-op role
You'll work with us full-time for about six months, January–June 2021.
You’ll assist in editing, curating, and organizing content for our large community of book lovers.During your co-op, you will:
- Assemble featured deals content for the BookBub website and daily deals email
- Proofread and copy edit daily content
- Write and edit short book descriptions to market books featured on BookBub and Chirp
- Sort and categorize submissions from our author and publisher partners
- Help BookBub editors choose and curate BookBub featured deals and featured new releases
- Maintain and update BookBub's database of books, authors, and author recommendations
- You’re a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- You’re available to work full-time for six months in the first half of 2021 (typically January–June timeline)
- You have outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills
- You have excellent analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- You’re able to quickly adapt to new systems
- You’re excited to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- You have excellent copy editing and proofreading skills
- You’re enthusiastic about books
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.