Editorial Content Internship - Summer 2019
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Are you looking to gain experience working with content at a dynamic, fun and fast-paced technology company? CarGurus seeks a qualified intern to join its Editorial Content team to assist in overall day-to-day responsibilities and various special projects that will impact the overall efficiency of the Editorial Content team.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, the ability to focus on tasks in a rapidly changing working environment, strong communication skills, and the capability to regularly finish projects and tasks on time. The ideal candidate should be comfortable operating independently as well as in a team setting, is comfortable juggling several different projects at once, and thrives in a fast-paced, fun environment.
This position is for the Summer 2019 semester.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist the Content Editor with fact-checking car previews for CarGurus.com
- Brainstorm social media ideas for our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Work with the Content Team to build a list of certified pre-owned car-buying programs
- Complete competitor analysis over 3-month internship
Who You Are:
- Data-driven: You make decisions based on finding and assessing all the available information
- Team Player: Members of the Editorial Content team wear several hats. You should be game for helping out on any project and jumping into a project whenever you’re needed
- You’re interested in learning more about cars (but you don’t have to be an expert)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Interns are paid. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.