Document Control Intern at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our passion is designing and building powerful 3D printing tools. The Document Control team is responsible for the building, maintaining, and educating of the company’s Product Life Cycle Management software and the Engineering change release processes therein. They work cross functionally with mechanical design, electrical, manufacturing, and supply chain to ensure our products are documented and released effectively, efficiently, and correctly.
If you’re excited to help us troubleshoot processes, play a critical part in ramping up product creation and launch products, as well as work alongside various teams and departments as you help them navigate documentation, we want you as a Document Control Intern.
- Review and process engineering change orders and deviations in our Product Lifecycle Management software (Propel).
- Analyze data and generate reports in the PLM system.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members in driving PLM updates, Engineering Change Orders, and continuous improvement.
- Support optimization of data configuration within the PLM system.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with data auditing and entry (PLM Systems) a plus.
- Experience with Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel.
- Independent, self-starter with a persistent attention to details.
What you’ll gain:
- Learn some of the back-end mechanics of a Salesforce based PLM software (e.g. license management, layouts, unique field generation, etc.).
- Learn the process of creating, reviewing, approving/rejecting, and implementing engineering change orders and deviations from one company’s iteration of the process.
- Work with various departments within the organization (e.g. supply chain, manufacturing, engineering) and learn how they navigate through document control processes and what they gain from their usage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.