Director of Internal Communications at Klaviyo
The Brand Marketing & Communications team is responsible for telling the story of how Klaviyo empowers businesses to grow, thrive and engage with customers on their own terms. The team is a fast-growing, high-impact group that works cross-functionally with key business stakeholders, touching every corner of the organization. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, unique knack for creative brand building and clever problem solving, coupled with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, define this team. This role will require a deep understanding of internal comms at a fast-growing tech company, corporate PR, executive thought-leadership, partnerships, events as well as brand storytelling.
This is a unique opportunity to help build our global brand and be a part of a company changing how businesses grow, connect and thrive.
How You'll Make a Difference
Klaviyo is looking for a Director of Internal Communications to lead and coordinate communications strategy for our global PR efforts, anchoring messaging to the company's mission and narrative, while working closely with key stakeholders and executives to drive forward business objectives. This role is ideally based in Boston and will report to the Vice President of Brand Marketing & Communications and manage a small team.
This individual will:
- Oversee and manage internal communications strategy and plans from start to finish, as the go-to internal comms resource and liaison for all internal communications efforts
- Develop and manage our internal communications calendar and schedule of events. Your team owns all company meetings, town halls, lunch-and-learns from event flow, to content and day-of execution - we’re looking to you to keep these meetings fresh, fun and informative
- Work hand-in-hand with our C-level executives to help craft their internal communications and external social media platforms such as LinkedIn. You will help to ensure our execs are awesome communicators both internally and externally!
- Ensure Klaviyo employees always hear the news first. We take pride in open communication internally at Klaviyo and you will be the biggest champion of this, ensuring comms reach our employees first
- Work hand-in-hand with our People Ops and Learning & Development teams to help amplify their work and efforts across the organization
- Ensure all of our internal comms reflect the kindness, empathy and warmth every employee deserves to be treated with
- Lead a small team of internal comms individuals to run a world-class internal communications effort
Who You Are
- You have 10+ years of experience in internal communications for a consumer, B2B or tech business
- You have potentially led internal communications around major company events, such as an IPO, acquisitions or changes in executive leadership
- You are comfortable coaching advising senior leadership and executives on all things PR
- You are totally current on internal communications trends and best practices in 2021
- You’re comfortable running internal comms on a global scale with multiple offices around the globe
- You know how to foster tight-knit relationships with C-level executives across an organization and can work hand-in-hand with them on sensitive comms issues
- You’ve worked closely with external PR team members to coordinate communications around launches, changes in the business and ensure that internal teams always hear the news first
- You thrive working in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.