Digital Business Analyst Intern at MassMutual
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. The Digital Experience team, part of MassMutual’s Customer Experience organization, is comprised of collaborative, cross-functional, product centric groups who like to have fun, challenge each other, and create innovative solutions that solve for the changing needs of our customers.
We design, build, and support all of MassMutual’s customer-facing digital assets.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring Digital Business Analysts to join our team.
Our ideal Digital Business Analyst intern candidate is team-oriented, has excellent communication skills, and is highly organized. You’re also team-oriented and take a collaborative approach to working with others. The opportunity for flexibility within role, and exposure to other areas of our company are just two of the reasons that people enjoy working within Digital Experience at MassMutual.The Digital Business Analyst intern will work with the Digital Business Analyst and/or Product Owner to analyze business processes, gather and elicit requirements necessary to determine how to build out our platform(s).
- Digital Business Analyst Intern will work with Digital Business Analyst and/or product owner to develop user stories and acceptance criteria
- Collaborate and partner with team members to identify, resolve and address multiple situations
- She/He will make recommendations about products and features that would support a positive, secure and efficient customer experience.
- Create and own business requirements and stories which drive platform evolution and development.
- Assist in the testing of new product features; design test cases to monitor system functionality and support system enhancements.
- Partner with Product Owner to monitor and evaluate processes and KPI’s in order to improve the customer experience.
- Work with other team members to help outline team roadmaps and communicate these to internal stakeholders. Pitch in wherever needed.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree/Current Student working towards an undergraduate degree
- Basic knowledge of IT concepts
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Good analytical skills with the ability to define and solve problems
- Demonstrable leadership experience within school, extracurricular activities, and/or professional settings
- Proven team player who takes initiative and works with others to achieve team goals
- Demonstrates knowledge of the interdependencies of key business processes, functions and risks.
- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations and needs.
- Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues.
- Approaches problems holistically; defines connections, linkages, interdependencies and develops solutions.
- Takes ownership of problems and stays on top of them until resolved.
- Fosters a sense of energy, ownership and commitment to work.
- Authorized to work in the United States with or without sponsorship
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a business analyst, project management or similar role
- Agile/SCRUM knowledge specifically in Story/Acceptance criteria development
- Technical or Insurance or Financial Services Industry background