Digital Business Analyst - Early Career Intern Program Summer 2020
Why should I consider MassMutual?
At MassMutual, we are looking for and investing in students who will become tomorrow’s future business leaders. The MassMutual Early Career Internship Program is an 11-week summer internship in a diverse and established Fortune 100 Company, in which you will help solve business problems, develop both the professional and leadership skills needed to build a successful career, while having fun and building relationships that will last a lifetime. With internships in areas of Technology, Insurance Operations, Investment Management, and Marketing, you can explore the career path that is right for YOU!
What great looks like in this program:
Our ideal candidate is someone who is a continuous learner that can adapt and thrive in complex, uncertain and changing situations.
You are able to demonstrate this by:
- Earning confidence and trust through ownership, commitment and follow-through in achieving results in school and/or work projects.
- Building a deeper understanding of how a business operates, specifically with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Managing priorities effectively and adapting quickly to achieve goals.
- Self-driven in the pursuit of opportunities to develop new skills and perspectives through constant learning
Digital Experience –
MassMutual's Customer Experience organization, is comprised of collaborative, cross-functional, product centric groups who like to have fun, challenge each other, and create innovative solutions that solve for the changing needs of our customers. We design, build, and support all of MassMutual’s customer-facing digital assets. To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring Digital Business Analysts to join our team.
What great looks like in this role?
Our ideal Digital Business Analyst intern candidate is team-oriented, has excellent communication skills, and is highly organized. You’re also team-oriented and take a collaborative approach to working with others. The opportunity for flexibility within role, and exposure to other areas of our company are just two of the reasons that people enjoy working within Digital Experience at MassMutual.
Objectives of this role:
The Digital Business Analyst intern will work with the Digital Business Analyst and/or Product Owner to analyze business processes, gather and elicit requirements necessary to determine how to build out our platform(s).
- Digital Business Analyst Intern will work with Digital Business Analyst and/or product owner to develop user stories and acceptance criteria
- Collaborate and partner with team members to identify, resolve and address multiple situations
- She/He will make recommendations about products and features that would support a positive, secure and efficient customer experience.
- Create and own business requirements and stories which drive platform evolution and development.
- Assist in the testing of new product features; design test cases to monitor system functionality and support system enhancements.
- Partner with Product Owner to monitor and evaluate processes and KPI’s in order to improve the customer experience.
- Work with other team members to help outline team road maps and communicate these to internal stakeholders. Pitch in wherever needed.
Desired skills for roles within the Digital Experience organization:
- Basic knowledge of IT concepts
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Good analytical skills with the ability to define and solve problems
- Demonstrable leadership experience within school, extracurricular activities, and/or professional settings
- Proven team player who takes initiative and works with others to achieve team goals
- Demonstrates knowledge of the interdependencies of key business processes, functions and risks.
- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations and needs.
- Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues.
- Approaches problems holistically; defines connections, linkages, interdependencies and develops solutions.
- Takes ownership of problems and stays on top of them until resolved.
- Fosters a sense of energy, ownership and commitment to work.
Intern Program Highlights:
- Meaningful Projects: Apply your knowledge and skills by participating in high profile projects in a respected and highly rated company. Take part in our collaborative work environment focusing on process improvements that help us better serve our customers, including both external and internal customers.
- Corporate Learning & Development Programs: Participate in internal programs that allow you to develop professional skills and competencies such as Empower (leadership course), Products 101, 12 Inclusive Behaviors, Microsoft Excel training, etc.
- Personalized Coaching: Receive career and leadership coaching specific to you and your development needs from our Early Career Program team.
- Mentors: Be paired with professionals at MassMutual to learn about the business throughout several departments while utilizing your mentors as a sounding board to share and shape your ideas.
- Networking Opportunities: Engage with the greater MassMutual community by being involved in networking activities and also our sessions set up as smaller group meetings with senior leaders in the company.
- Volunteer Opportunities: MassMutual invests more than $20 million annually in organizations across the country to support communities and broaden their economic opportunity. Join colleagues within MassMutual and make a positive impact in the community!
- Community: You will have the opportunity to work with talented interns across several departments in a highly-collaborative environment. Housing is also provided if needed, which adds to the community aspect of the program.