Creative Intern (Paid internship)
Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 30 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
As a Creative Intern, you will have the chance to work at the intersection of marketing, design, creative strategy, and analytics to support our communications and user acquisition strategy. Whether you’re assisting with social ads ideation, AR filters design, or asset management, your contribution to Hopper’s success will be critical. You’ll become part of a small, versatile, and highly collaborative team with big ambitions.
In this role you will:
- Help the creative team with the ideation and production of social media ads for Hopper
- Manage creative assets and file organization
- Maintain the App Store and Google Play listings
- Support the admin and recruiting team on the creation of company merch, event collateral, and more
A qualified candidate has:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other design tools
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty, ambiguity, and quickly evolving goals
- Interest in the travel industry and startups; you should be comfortable working in a small team and a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- An online portfolio showcasing your latest work
Nice to have:
- Video editing and copywriting skills
- Experience with Facebook/AdWords/Twitter or any other marketing channel