Content Marketing Co-op (Fall 2020)
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.The Content Marketing Co-op role
You'll work with us full-time at our office in Kendall Square for about six months, July–December 2020.
You’ll assist in editing, curating, and distributing content for original articles, featured new releases, book recommendations, and other BookBub products, and you’ll also work on projects related to our new audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp (chirpbooks.com).During your co-op, you will:
- Maintain and develop BookBub's social media presence and brand
- Brainstorm, write, and edit original articles for BookBub's reader-facing blog
- Write and edit marketing copy for featured books
- Help BookBub editors choose, curate, and send out a weekly email about New Releases
- Work on Chirp, BookBub’s audiobooks retailing platform
- Maintain and update BookBub's database of user and author recommendations
- Assist with other BookBub projects on the Content team, as needed
- You’re a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- You’re available to work full-time at our office in Cambridge, MA for six months in the second half of 2020 (typically July–December timeline)
- You have outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience using a content management system or blogging platform (e.g. Wordpress)
- You have experience using social networks for marketing purposes, such as content distribution or brand management
- You have meticulous attention to detail
- You’re able to learn and quickly adapt to new organizational systems and processes
- You’re excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- You have excellent copy editing and proofreading skills
- You’re enthusiastic about books
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.