Content Co-op (Fall 2019)
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston — and we're profitable. Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors they’ll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The Content Co-op role
BookBub seeks a talented undergraduate student to assist in editing, curating, and distributing content for original articles, featured new releases, book recommendations, and other BookBub products. The co-op spans six months, July-December 2019.
- Brainstorming, writing, and editing original articles for BookBub's reader-facing blog
- Maintaining and developing BookBub's social media presence and brand
- Proofreading and copy editing daily content
- Writing and editing marketing copy for featured books
- Helping BookBub editors to choose and curate BookBub featured new releases
- Maintaining and updating BookBub's database of user and author recommendations
- Assisting with other BookBub projects on the Content team, as needed
- Outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using a content management system or blogging platform (e.g. Wordpress)
- Experience using social networks for marketing purposes, such as content distribution or brand management
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to new organizational systems and processes
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- Excellent copy editing and proofreading skills
- Enthusiasm for books
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.