Consumer Insights Intern, Consumer Marketing at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As a Consumer Insights Intern, you will deliver measurable insights about car shoppers and our site users. You’ll learn about our business and grow your skills in marketing research, analysis, and client presentations.
Location: Temporarily Remote
Experience: Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program
Timing: May/June – August (exact dates can be flexible)
- Work closely with the Consumer Insights team to analyze data from a large consumer survey about the car shopping journey
- Translate results into clear and useful insights for internal and external partners
- Bring insights to life in engaging slides
- Present your insights to senior leadership
- Naturally curious about what drives consumer behavior
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Pursuing an analytical major and/or the social sciences (e.g. math, statistics, economics, psychology, sociology) with an excellent academic record
- Experience with MS Excel and Powerpoint required. Basic knowledge of statistics and/or SQL a plus
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.