Business Operations Intern, Sales
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The goal of the Go-to-Market Operations team is to build the foundation of our internal systems and processes, scale these systems, and improve efficiencies. There is a strong focus on analytical and quantitative thinking. The Go-To-Market Operations team blends high-level strategic thinking with on-the-ground execution to propel the company to grow and scale well. We are a team of problem-solvers, where all challenges are met with enthusiasm and open minds.
As a Business Operations Intern, Sales, you will focus on helping Markforged scale by playing an integral part in maintaining our data and systems. You will hone your analytical and data-driven problem solving skills while gaining an understanding of the additive manufacturing and 3D printing industry. You will understand the end-to-end customer journey, have hands-on experience learning business systems such as Salesforce.com, and gain experience at a fast-paced highly competitive startup.
In this role you will:
- Manage data integrity across sales, marketing, and financial systems
- Create and maintain customer account hierarchies within Salesforce.com
- Verify customer and historical sales data within Salesforce.com
- Collaborate on cross functional projects with the Go to Market Operations team
What we look for:
- Raw smarts: business and practical common sense and intellect
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Acute attention to detail
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Critical thinking skills
- Team player that works collaboratively with others
- Knowledge of Excel
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong academic background
- Willingness to learn new skills
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description