Biomedical Data Scientist - Summer 2022 Internship at PathAI (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
We're looking for Biomedical data science interns to join our team and help us solve and achieve our translational research goals.
What you’ll do:
- Understanding PathAI’s products and strategic goals, and working towards those goals by innovating on our methods with respect to model performance, translational relevance, rigor, and robustness.
- Developing the statistical software that powers retrospective biomarker discovery in clinical trials and prospective evaluation of models at PathAI.
- Performing translational research and the development of novel algorithms that enable us to quantify novel morphologic features.
- Participating in scientific discovery, which leverages existing products to develop publications which reveal novel disease biology.
- Every PathAI employee is a contributor to our mission to pioneer better patient care by providing the best, most innovative deep learning tools to biotech, pathologists, clinicians and healthcare organizations. You will work alongside leading innovators in the field of deep learning and medicine, and play a critical role in algorithm development. Unlike other internships, the majority of your time will be focused on doing our most impactful work in the machine learning space.
What you’ll need:
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
- pursuing master’s degree or PhD in computational biology or related field, preferably with a focus on computational pathology, machine & statistical learning, and/or biostatistics.
- At least one+ years of relevant work experience
- Computational science software development experience using Python or R
- Flexible work hours
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Fun team events especially for interns
- Mentorship from statistics and machine learning experts at PathAI
- You will have the opportunity to work in a company culture that puts employees first, is relaxed, focused and hard-working.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.