What’s it like to work at iZotope?
We’re the leaders in intelligent audio production and you’ll see that all iZotopians have a passion for what we do. Our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all iZotope employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work. We have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career enrichment. We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. iZotope combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Plus, it’s really cool to work for a company in the music and film industry!
iZotope’s team of expert Research Engineers drive the technological vision of the company by conducting state-of-art research. The team seeks an Audio Research Intern to explore new technologies in one or more of the following audio topics:
- Machine learning and listening
- Digital signal processing
- Virtual analog modeling
- Music Information Retrieval
The duration of the internship is 3 months, with a flexible start date. The intern will be mentored one-on-one by a member of the iZotope Audio Research group and regularly interact with the research team and company at large.
We can only consider applicants residing in the following U.S. states, as well as those residing in a limited number of countries other than the U.S, California, Connecticut, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia, Washington
Interested candidates should submit a short cover letter and their CV or resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Develop a research project to fruition in one of the aforementioned topics
- Meet regularly to discuss progress and disseminate findings internally
- Submit to a relevant journal or conference
- Graduate student pursuing a Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (intermediate to advanced doctoral student preferred)
- Motivated and self-driven
- Organized, with high proficiency in experimental analysis and running repeatable and scalable experiments with well-documented code
- Familiarity with existing audio production technologies
- Established experience in acoustics and audio signal processing
- Wellbeing- We provide Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Mental Health- Subscription to the Calm Meditation App and access to Virtual Online Therapy are available for all iZotopians
- Remote Equal- We offer remote flexibility for all our employees, no matter where they’re located. We’ll also have our US HQ in downtown Boston, so folks have a place to go if they want a space to collaborate with team members.Our employees receive monthly stipends to help with home office expenses as well as a WFH reimbursement for you to purchase any additional supplies
- Continuous learning- Tuition Assistance and Professional Development opportunities for those seeking to further their learning
- Flexible PTO- We offer a Flexible PTO plan along with Sick Days and 19 paid holidays throughout the year
- Parental Leave- 100% Paid Parental Leave with up to 12 weeks off for birth parents and 6 weeks for non-birth parents which can be taken consecutively or intermittently to fit what works best for a growing family's needs
- Employee Investment- We offer a 401k plan with employer match and annual market adjustments
- Complimentary Software- Access to iZotope software and complimentary passes to share with friends and family, and industry discounts
We have a thoughtful approach when it comes to compensation. Towards the end of each interview process, we create customized compensation reports based off of skill, years of experience, geographic location, and other factors driven by market research. Specific details may be discussed during the initial call with the Talent Acquisition Partner. Market data in Colorado suggests this position’s compensation would start at $35 / hour based off of geographic location and skill level. Upon assessment of the individual’s experience an exact amount will be determined.
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
iZotope is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization, the audio industry, and society as a whole.