Accounts Payable Co-op at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Accounts Payable Co-Op will report to the Assistant Accounting Manager and is responsible for daily processing and record keeping of the company’s Accounts Payable and Procurement functions. This is a fast-paced, challenging role that requires time management and problem-solving skills. Individuals in this role should be comfortable interacting with internal and external business partners regularly, as this role is a primary point of contact for the Accounting department.
** Please note: this is a full-time position from January 2020 through June 2020. All applicants must be available to work full-time throughout the semester. **
About this roll*:
- Accurately review and process submitted vendor invoices.
- Assure that all submitted vendor invoices go through the proper approval channels, in line with company standards.
- Assist in reconciling company credit card transactions in compliance with company policies and month end close timelines.
- Provide reporting and analysis on Accounts Payable and Procurement activity.
- Respond timely and professionally to internal and external business partner inquiries regarding Accounts Payable and Procurement.
- Work with other members of the Accounting team to assure a timely and accurate month end close.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement efficiencies in the Accounts Payable and Procurement processes.
- Manage or assist in special requests from internal business partners and Accounting leadership.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Procurement lifecycles
- Attentive to detail and goal oriented
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain business relationships
- High degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree (in progress) in accounting, finance, or applicable prior work experience
- Experience working in NetSuite, MineralTree, or other similar SaaS based ERP systems
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
*Bread puns encouraged but not required