Accounting Intern, Summer 2020
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, you can expect to work closely with others in the areas of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Cash transactions.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting the Accounting department with various functions such as research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Working within accounting software, NetSuite, and other third-party software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company, customers, and vendors.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Masters in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, organization, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.