We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Accounting Co-Op will assist in the accounting operations of the company by helping us with various general ledger activities while helping to streamline vital accounting practices. We are looking for candidates with an accounting or finance degree and experience in at a high–growth technology company. This is an important role with high visibility throughout the organization.
** Please note: this is a full-time position from January 2020 through June 2020. All applicants must be available to work full-time throughout the semester **
About this roll*:
- Responsible for updating and maintaining various individual account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Ensures expenses are coded correctly by location and account. Perform flux analysis on general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for monthly general ledger close on a timely basis.
- Documenting processes for all tasks.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by evaluating current procedures and recommending changes.
- Opportunity to participate in high-exposure projects to implement new accounting standards and support new business initiatives
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 0+ years of related accounting experience, B.S. in Accounting (preferred) or Finance in progress
- Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Eye for detail and accuracy is imperative
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of US GAAP, NetSuite, or other cloud based ERP/financial systems
*Bread puns encouraged but not required