2022 Software Development Intern at Chewy
Chewy is seeking highly driven and passionate undergraduate Software Engineering/Computer Science students to join our development teams in Boston, MA as a Software Development Intern.
Our 10-week internship is a hands-on opportunity to put our classroom knowledge, passion for technology and intellectual drive to work in an environment that is fast-paced and welcoming of your input. Through professional development workshops, leadership speaker series and community engagement you will gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a ‘Chewtopian’.
What You'll Do:
As a Software Development Intern at Chewy you will be matched with a manager and mentor who will assign you business-critical projects that will have immediate impact for our business and customers. In our collaborative code environment, you will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions with the advice and guidance of your team. At Chewy, there are several departments in which you could make a lasting impact as a:
Full Stack Software Engineering Intern: Our full stack engineering teams support both the inner workings of chewy.com behind the scenes and front-end platform integration. As an intern, you will work in functions that touch our end to end customer experience, working with your team to develop the best solutions for our customers.
Back-end Software Engineering Intern: The backbone of our platform, the back-end engineering teams support our behind the scenes operations, while impacting Chewy’s entire business. You will work in functions that touch our end to end customer experience whether its customer order, and catalog management, pricing and promotions tools, search and personalization or operational analytics.
In addition to a real-world learning experience, our internship is a unique opportunity for you to evaluate Chewy as a future employer and for our teams to test your fit to the company. Sound interesting?
What You'll Need:
- Currently enrolled in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year in a BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Ability to work 40-hours per week during the 10-week internship
- Work authorization without current or future sponsorship required
- Exposure to or experience with SQL, Scala, Kotlin, Spring Boot, React, Vue.js
- Exposure to or experience with AWS
- Previous experience with Software Engineering practices for the full development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, XP or etc.)
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com