This is a terrific opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced leader to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
At Forward Financing, we strongly believe that our people are our biggest asset. We pride ourselves on the collaborative culture we have built, which has resulted in a highly motivated and satisfied team and extremely low turnover, fueling our impressive growth.
As VP, People you will be responsible for leading all things people-related for all our team members, with the goal of further strengthening the competitive advantage that is our people. You will report directly to the CEO and your role in helping refine and execute our people strategy will be critical in driving our mission forward.
In this role you will:
- Drive a high performing culture that is collaborative and results-driven, where people love to come to work
- Participate in the development of FF’s goals as a strategic partner, from the perspective of the impact on people
- Collaborate with the executive team to refine and enhance the company's vision, mission and strategy
- Support FFs strategic direction, by executing people-related initiatives, including but not limited to
- talent management
- change management
- succession planning
- organizational planning
- performance management
- learning and development
- compensation planning
- Support and lead FF’s Talent Acquisition team to drive continued success in attracting and hiring top talent, including the continued development of FF’s employer brand
- Provide guidance on maximizing and refining FF’s core interview methodology
- Passionate: High energy. Can-do-attitude. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Ability to hire A Players / Develop People: Managers that can source, select and sell A players to join the company. Managers that coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepares them for future roles.
- 8+ years of experience and demonstrated career progression outside of the scope of HR/People in a fast-paced and demanding field (investment banking, private equity, consulting, corporate leadership, marketing etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role in HR/People (we are looking for someone who had a great career outside of HR/People, but switched careers because of passion for people)
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business strategy with the ability to connect company strategy to people strategy
- Effective people manager and strong leader of people with the ability to motivate teams and set a compelling vision
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.