Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters - committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 1300 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You thrive in a forward thinking and fast-paced team environment. You have a passion for all things people, and fundamentally understand that talent is a true competitive advantage. You drive vision and purpose, painting a compelling vision and strategy that motivates others to action. You have a track record of articulating the future in a way that people relate to while crafting org-wide energy and optimism for the future. You know that talent is one of the single biggest drivers of organizational performance and understand that talent decisions impact every part of the organization - from encouraging an environment that brings our DNA and employee value proposition to life. You are passionate about achieving the highest levels of performance through people. You communicate challenges and have the ability to influence a variety of stakeholders effectively through sound and well-reasoned arguments and have a tested toolbox of strategies to persuade people resulting in agreement or behavior change.
You get energized by developing and implementing scalable solutions aligned to strategy that support the organization's effectiveness. You have an innate ability to simplify complex problems, processes, or projects into component parts, exploring and evaluating them systematically. You easily identify causal relationships and construct frameworks, for problem-solving and making decisions. Your understanding of business strategy helps you translate those goals into HR priorities and initiatives and helps you assess and diagnose organizational needs relative to business performance gaps, talent, workforce planning, and change-management strategies. You are highly resourceful with stellar execution skills (strategy through implementation). You have a demonstrable track record of leading and influencing through consultative skills leading to repeated success building partnerships in your previous roles.
With a confirmed dedication to high professional ethical standards coupled with a strong executive presence, excellent decision-making skills, and the ability to work with a high degree of confidentiality building, establishing, and maintaining trust and credibility. With 10+ years of experience leading teams in human resources, organizational development, and/or talent management, you have demonstrable experience driving talent innovation and process improvement that enable the business to achieve its objectives
You have a reputation for:
- aligning human resource and business strategies with organizational capabilities
- being an outstanding communicator with strong passion for people and connection
- being a natural leader, and are skilled at providing others with clear direction. You naturally inspire, motivate, develop, and empower individuals and teams
- leading high-performance teams
- using your strong analytical capability and planning skills, you employ evidence-based decision making and support key decisions with data
What the Role is:
The Vice President of People is an exciting opportunity for a high caliber strategist and operator with deep knowledge of creating transformation by connecting people to purpose through process. Reporting to the SVP of People Ops, the VP of people is responsible for leading core HR and talent activities - bringing evidence-based practice into the organization. As the champion of the full talent life-cycle, this role partners with executives to lead core talent-related activities including workforce planning, performance management, succession planning and human resources consistent with our commitment to diversity and inclusion. The VP of People provides thought leadership and articulates HR needs and plans to the executive team. The VP of People works to foster a culture that promotes teamwork, excellence in execution, innovation, and change management while leveraging the skills and talents of the core HR teams to provide best-in-class service and partnerships. In collaboration with senior leaders, the VP of People fosters a culture of innovation, engagement and empowerment for employees and managers and ensure consistency of culture aligned to Drizly’s DNA.
In partnership with the Drizly’s IDEA Task Force, the VP of People leads efforts to ensure alignment with DE&I initiatives and fosters a diverse workplace and an environment of belonging and inclusion that enables all employees to contribute to their full potential.
- Develop and sustain a data-driven workforce planning model that aligns business strategy and our employee value prop with workforce planning
- Ensure alignment across all Talent Management practices thereby fostering a comprehensive approach and providing meaningful value to the business
- Provide executive leadership to the TA team, creating a culture of accountability with a focus on delivering repeatable, measurable results that support the company’s goal of creating a high-performance and diverse environment
- Ensure effective downstream execution of standard methodologies in all related TA programs, processes, and systems
- Setting the tone for strategic growth in recruitment and building a positive employer brand through thought leadership and mentorship.
- Lead HR team responsible for robust performance management design and delivery with processes that are intuitive, support a culture of continuous candid feedback, align individual goals with organizational goals and ultimately drive a high-performance culture
- Serve as liaison to HR Business Partners and business leaders to understand needs, conduct assessments as required to identify the best interventions, identify resources to design and implement. Serve as an executive consultant to ensure the best development solutions are leveraged to meet the needs of the business
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to business leaders, line management and HR business partners to ensure the success of
The Other Stuff:
- Competitive salary
- One-on-one professional coaching
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Added perks
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
BEFORE YOU APPLY...
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Drizly is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.