Who We Are – MassMutual
At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future. We’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual. MassMutual was named a Top Place to Work in 2019 according to The Boston Globe and No. 84 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
Meet the Team – Talent Acquisition
It is an exciting time at MassMutual! MassMutual is going through an HR Transformation, continuing to be a leading customer-centric company. The Talent Acquisition team is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative problem solvers who are motivated to create the utmost candidate and hiring manager experience, using innovative recruiting tools to move MassMutual – and the industry – forward. The team culture is collaborative, cross-functional, and uses old and new technologies combined with work/life balance.
- Enterprise-wide transition to a unified talent acquisition operating model
- Expansion of sourcing and recruiting tools to work smarter, strategically sourcing top talent
- Revitalization of the sourcing and recruitment processes by leveraging People Analytics data to drive decisions
The Opportunity – Talent Sourcer
Are you a self-proclaimed talent ninja? When given a challenging search to find that really niche talent, do you get excited? Would you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions, and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? If yes … keep reading, this opportunity is for you!
To continue our HR transformation, we are looking for a strategic and savvy sourcer to join the Talent Acquisition team. You will be tasked with developing robust sourcing strategies and solutions to build pipelines and proactively capture top talent in a highly competitive market. In this role, you will be the subject matter expert in the market and the sourcing guru to optimize processes, standards, and target goals, aligning with overall company strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively identify and assess talent for niche and hard-to-fill roles, with a sharp focus on building and presenting diverse pipelines.
- Partner with recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand current and future hiring needs to develop creative strategies that target niche talent groups
- Build and cultivate MassMutual’s talent communities using different platforms including Workday ATS, Smashfly CRM, LinkedIn, etc…
- Act as the subject matter expert to develop sourcing strategies and processes, including managing complex candidate pipelines, presenting to executives and innovating on Talent Acquisition Sourcing processes
- Design and execute sourcing solutions that identify, capture, and engage passive candidates in support of the demand.
- Engage and interact with prospects and active candidates, including initial screens of candidates and assist through the recruitment process.
- Mentor recruiters with less sourcing experience
Minimum Basic Qualifications
- Must have bachelor degree or equivalent industry experience
- Must have 8+ years full cycle recruitment and/or sourcing experience in highly competitive market
- Experience using a CRM to build and cultivate passive talent community, i.e. Smashfly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience sourcing passive talent in niche areas such as technical talent in IT, advanced analytics, software engineering, actuarial, finance, underwriting and/or sales
- Start-up experience
- Agency recruiting experience or experience working in a highly competitive goal driven environment