Sr. Human Resources Business Partner at Interactions
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Since 2004, we’ve helped leading companies like MetLife, Hyatt, Shutterfly, and LifeLock have millions of successful conversations, resulting in saving operational cost and increasing productivity.
Interactions’ 5-year vision is to accelerate a transition from today’s frustrating and uninspired customer service experiences into amazing conversational engagements! Allowing customers to communicate in their own words and on their channel of choice, to accomplish tasks, all without having to go through an agent. In doing this via our conversational AI engine, our customers benefit from dramatically improved customer experience and increased customer engagement, while also saving significant and demonstrable operational expenses.
As a member of the Corporate team, you will be a part of the backbone of a company that builds and brings to market artificial intelligence technologies including natural language processing and cognitive computing. You will build best practices that will serve internal (and sometimes external) customers and business partners.
In this role, your essential duties and responsibilities will include:
The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The Human Resources Business Partner serves as a consultant to management on human resource related issues and acts as an employee champion and change agent.
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, communicates needs proactively with the business to develop integrated solutions. The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Builds and maintains influential relationships by being a strategic partner with management and an employee advocate. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in the business unit for all HR related matters.
- Provides HR policy to bring to life the employee experience in a way that empowers our employees. Offer employment law guidance and interpretation of processes to ensure clear expectations and transparent understanding.
- Acts as the performance improvement advocate and drives positive changes in the people management. Works closely with business leaders to ensure annual performance management, merit review and quarterly/semi-annual goals process is completed in a timely and effective manner. Takes an active role with management to set and review quarterly/semi-annual goals. Ensures all documentation is properly completed and communications with employees is effective.
- Evolves the organizational structure and proposes changes. Works with department managers on workforce planning. Works closely with Compensation Analyst, Director, HR and CPO to benchmark positions for compensation. Makes recommendations for new hires, internal equity adjustments and overall market adjustments.
- Works closely with Director, Talent Acquisition to initiate recruiting process for new and replacement headcount. Actively participates in the interview process to ensure candidates meet job requirements and are a cultural fit for the organization. Develops “offer” terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Designs succession plans for key talents and key job positions. Identifies and prepares development plans for the key employees and high potential employees. Identifies employee readiness for promotions and recommends rotations of top talent across different functions in the organization.Participates in the development, evaluation, and monitoring of Onboarding and Training programs to ensure employee and manager success.
- Partners with HRIS team to ensure all employee and position data is accurate. Manages complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally. Works with PEO on all aspects of non-US based “employee” contract requirements and ensures successful implementation. Provides Visa support for candidates and new hires as needed.
Your qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- Three to Five years of direct HR Business Partner experience in a high growth company including experience developing and delivering Onboarding, Training and Talent Management programs.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Must be fact based in approach to decision making.
- Exceptional listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of employment laws.
- Team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, lead change management initiatives, and successfully navigate through difficult employee and manager conflict.