Senior Workday Payroll Analyst at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is continuously growing and changing! Our People Operations and Systems team supports and enhances the employee journey by evolving our processes and systems as we scale. This role will help support and grow Toast’s use of Workday as our main employee system of record.
About this roll*:
- Support Toast’s use of Workday, specifically Benefits, Absence, Time Tracking & US Payroll modules and associated integrations, through process redesign, configuration, testing, training & troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with internal Toast teams (People Operations, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll) to understand their processes and corresponding system usage. Constantly seek out ways to improve systems and processes based on standard methodologies and input from key business and people leaders. Address areas for improvement through process redesign, testing, training and communications. Act as Workday subject matter expert on new vendor implementations and associated integrations.
- Provide system support for periodic calendar events (annual Benefits Open Enrollment, 1095-C & W-2 processing)
- Support major Workday releases, including research and demo of new functionality
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to general employee and manager questions, looping in other team members as necessary
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 4 + years experience working with HR and Payroll functions, including a broad understanding of the employee life cycle;
- 2+ years of experience as a Workday analyst or administrator responsible for configuration, testing, and support of Workday US Payroll and at least one of the additional following modules: Benefits, Absence, or Time Tracking. Ideal candidate will have completed Workday training related to HCM Fundamentals, Configurable Security, Business Process Administration and Workday Report Writer. Fundamentals courses for Benefits, Absence, Time Tracking or Payroll are a plus!
- Enthusiasm for learning new technology and a love of process improvement and data; interest in driving administrative efficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (advanced knowledge of Excel preferred) and Google Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong customer service skills, attention to detail, and outstanding organizational skills
- Experience interpreting data and presenting information and findings.
- Ability to multitask under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment; flexibility to respond to rapidly changing business needs
- A positive attitude, can-do mindset, and a desire to constantly improve and iterate
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.