Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The CarGurus Recruiting team continues to be on front lines of rapid scale and as our Engineering team builds the future of car buying and selling, the mission to hire dynamic talent has never been more important!
We are looking for an experienced, detail-orientated Senior Technical Recruiter to join the team. In this role, you will guide candidates through the interview process and ensure a seamless interviewing experience, foster diversity & inclusion, and provide a white-glove service to our Engineering leaders as they scale their teams. This is an exciting opportunity with a high-growth tech company and one of the premiere tech brands in Boston!
Who You Are:
- An experienced recruiter with 5+ years of technical recruiting experience and demonstrated success in recruiting in the Software Engineering space
- A mix of both corporate and agency recruiting experience
- Experience partnering with Software Engineering professionals
- Technical Curiosity and familiarity
- Excellent communication skills and experience supporting Director and VP level stakeholders in an engineering organization, with strong focus on relationship management
- Excellent attention to detail and eagerness to dive in further where there are inconsistencies
- Adapt to changing priorities, meet hiring goals, and work well under pressure
- Appreciation for building diverse teams
- Strong collaborator who works with a positive attitude and has the potential to energize others
What You’ll Do:
- Own one or more core engineering group(s) and partner with VP and Director-level stakeholders on challenging searches for both new and existing roles, managing candidates through the entire lifecycle
- Use data and market information to partner with hiring teams and lead best hiring practices to ensure we are engaging the right talent and assessing effectively
- Ensure a positive candidate experience with all prospective CarGurus employees by liaising with hiring managers and the appropriate business partners to develop solutions as any issues arise
- Utilize sourcing tools like LinkedIn and your existing network and market knowledge to maintain a consistent candidate flow for current and future openings
- Help explore and vet additional tools and resources for partnerships, job boards, and technology partners that can improve our existing workflows
- Regularly participate and occasionally lead team projects to improve processes and mentor more junior members on the team
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.