Senior Payroll Associate at DataRobot
DataRobot is a rapidly growing, VC-backed, Company based in Boston, MA. The Senior Payroll Associate will primarily be responsible for processing of United States payroll and the management of our international payroll service providers. In addition, this person will be responsible for working with service providers to ensure all required filings are accurate and timely and serve as a technical resource to the Company on complex payroll related matters.
- Provide and promote exceptional customer service to employees through timely and detailed communication.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls in the United States. Ensure compensation, variable pay, withholdings, and deductions are correct.
- Coordinate with and oversee international payroll service providers to ensure payroll process is accurate and timely.
- Maintain strong evidence of the payroll review procedures and self-audits.
- Coordinate with human resources and sales operations for the establishment of proper cutoff of employment information and compensation to ensure timely and accurate payroll.
- Research complex payroll and taxation questions such as multistate, global mobility, and fringe benefits and be able to document and communicate the complexity and a proposed solution.
- Maintain and update the Company’s payroll procedures and policies.
- Have a strong understanding of risks and controls and ensure that all risks are mitigated by the effective design and operation of controls.
- Prepare payroll journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and payroll and benefits related analytics.
- Partners and provides support to the HR team.
- Responsible for payroll tax registrations.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual filings and reporting requirements.
- Management of the 401K plan including ensuring appropriate system configuration and timely and accurate funding.
- Assist in various special projects as the arise. Projects may involve the implementation of new systems, creation of new policies, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, although not required.
- 3+ years in progressive payroll related experience.
- CPP designation is preferred, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of IRS rules and regulations with a continued desire to continue to develop knowledge.
- Experience in working with multi-state, global mobility, and taxable fringe benefits.
- Strong understanding of payroll system structure including relationships with HR, recruiting, general ledger, and other systems.
- Strong excel skills.
- Very proactive, hardworking and strong desire to succeed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.Great team player and willing to roll up sleeves to help others on the team.
System Skills: Namely, Radius OSC, Globalization Partners, Concur, NetSuite, Microsoft Office, and Google docs
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.