Senior HR Business Partner at TripAdvisor
Senior Human Resources Business Partner, CoreX
This is a newly created growth hire to support our CoreX business unit, the part of TripAdvisor responsible for the overall consumer experience, and the look and feel of the TripAdvisor brand globally. We are looking for a change agent, a high energy, passionate Business Partner with a strong track record managing stakeholders at all levels, and able to influence across business units. We want someone who is agile, who likes not two days looking the same – who can identify opportunities to improve the business, and engage the right people to drive them to execution. You will report to the Director of People Operations for CoreX, and be immersed in the fastest changing part of our business, which interacts with and impacts all our other businesses. In return we’ll give you an amazing employee experience, with great benefits and perks, working with interesting, driven, smart people who drive hard for results.
What You Will Do:
- Work with CoreX managers and employees to maintain and develop TripAdvisor’s strong culture, driving a high level of engagement throughout the organization and ensure TripAdvisor‘s core values are part o everything we do.
- Build relationships and leverage HR partners in Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Learning and Organizational Development, and other groups within the HR and across the broader TripAdvisor organization
- Work in collaboration with TripAdvisor’s Global HR team to deploy company-wide initiatives.
- Partner, consult, and provide proactive solutions people managers on all talent and HR issues including retention, performance and communications.
- Drive an ongoing talent management process with continuity and clear accountabilities and action items resulting in strong succession plans for the organization and development plans for individuals.
- Partner with talent acquisition to drive the overall talent strategy to both support current hiring objectives, and anticipate the hiring needs of this dynamic business.
- Work closely with TripAdvisor’s Learning and Organizational Development team, recommend, organize and implement various employee training programs
- Consistently manage employee relations matters in a legally compliant manner demonstrating exceptional judgment and professionalism.
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures are consistently followed throughout the organization and are legally compliant.
- Leverage technical expertise on a variety of topics including, but not limited to, compensation practices including salary and stock ranges, performance review processes, performance rating process and promotions.
- Design and deliver targeted solutions to emerging business issues, including strategic planning, visioning, change management and team building.
What We Seek:
- 7+ years of global HR experience in a fast-paced, complex environment (preferably media or high-tech) 4+ years of experience as an HRBP or equivalent
- Demonstrated project management/change management skills
- Strong employee relations skills
- Comfortable operating in a matrixed and constantly changing environment
- Strong consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and deal with ambiguity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to have fun in a team setting
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in HR or equivalent
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following behaviors:
- A role model in regards to mutual respect, trust and candor.
- Energetic, passionate and engaging individual with great motivation and inspiration.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and respect with confidence, maturity and professionalism.
- Intellectually curious with a deep interest to understand the business.
- Lifelong learner who grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback; pursues self-development
- Strong analytical skills. Understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role.
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Influencer through clear communication with expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Flexible and open-minded; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly.
- Resilient. Quickly recovers from setbacks and failures and moves forward.
- Exceptional judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision.
- Excellent prioritization, organization and execution skills.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Accountable, reliable and dependable. Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively.
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***