Senior Director, Employer Brand and Talent Acquisition at CarGurus
Senior Director, Employer Brand and Talent Acquisition
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
This is a highly visible and strategic role in the organization, responsible for all aspects of finding and attracting high-quality, diverse talent. In this role you will report into the Chief People Officer, and operate as a member of the People & Talent leadership team. You will collaborate with leaders and executives across the business to ensure the Talent Acquisition team is a strategic partner in supporting each department’s business goals. This is an exciting position as CarGurus enters its next phase of people growth!
There are three focal areas for this role. All three are essential priorities to the long-term health of the company. That said, the requirements listed on this job description are guidelines not hard and fast rules. To work at CarGurus, you will not need to satisfy or meet every requirement listed. If you have the transferable skills and want the opportunity to be considered – please feel free to apply.
What You'll Do:
Team Management and Leadership
- Set the vision and strategy for team of 20+ recruiters, ops, and employer brand professionals
- Support effective management of team members roles and careers
- Represent the TA team in various company leadership forums
- Manage the TA budget
- Continue to evolve analytics and reporting capabilities
- Update and refine the CarGurus Employer Value Proposition (EVP)
- Develop a long-term employer brand strategy to align talent marketing activities against a vision
- Review & refine our current mix of branding, active recruiting, and communications activities (both online and in-person post-COVID)
- Continue to evolve the CarGurus careers site and other platforms / media
- Ensure our external positioning and messaging is aligned with PR and Internal Communications teams, and reflects important priorities such as CG values and DEIB work
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) in Talent Acquisition
- Champion the next wave of inclusive & equitable recruiting practices and policies
- Continue to refine the recruiting process to mitigate or remove sources of bias
- Be accountable for diversity in the hiring funnel, and hiring outcomes
- Ensure interviewers across the organization are trained and act to further our DEIB goals
- Partner closely with our DEIB programmatic function to develop and execute
Who You Are:
- Leadership experience in Talent Acquisition/Recruiting and/or related People functions
- Demonstrated success in effectively partnering with senior stakeholders; a client service mentality
- Structured, analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Able to engage and empower the team to overcome challenges and achieve goals in the face of adversity
- Hunger for creative approaches and testing new ideas; not satisfied with status quo
- Willing to ‘do the work’ not just direct others
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.