At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 35 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
We are looking for a highly organized Recruiting Coordinator who lives for the details to join our fast paced, energetic and dedicated Recruiting Team. You’ll serve as the backbone to ensure candidates always have a positive experience and everyone involved in the process is aware and excited about what lays ahead.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the scheduling of all interviews; coordinate with recruiters, candidates and hiring managers.
- Book travel, when applicable, for candidates in accordance with our travel and booking policies.
- Interact with candidates to ensure a positive experience throughout the interview with timely and thoughtful communication and a warm welcome when entering our office.
- Ensure applicant tracking system always has accurate information about candidate status, scheduled interviews, job postings and much more.
- Help build the Hopper brand by attending (and proposing new) conferences, meet-ups and events.
- Support the growth of our candidate pipeline by sourcing passive candidates through a variety of tools and tactics.
- Interest in getting involved in an assortment of recruitment related projects (employer branding initiatives, community building events, process improvement and documentation).
An ideal candidate has:
- Has previous experience working in a recruiting organization or directly with clients.
- Understands deadlines and goals and can operate with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality.
- Loves working in a super collaborative, high-tech, fast-paced environment.
- Phenomenal organizational and time-management skills.
- Communicates, if not over-communicates, effectively and effortlessly with candidates and internal stakeholders.
- Embraces all of the fine details in both written and verbal communications.
- Is passionate and curious about the travel industry and of course Hopper!
- Bonus points if familiar with Greenhouse (Applicant Tracking System) and LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans.
- Access to a 401k (Boston) or Retirement Savings Plan (Montreal).
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass.
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry.
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy).
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End.