People Success Partner (HRBP) at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready to make a change?
Reporting to the Principal, People Success Partner, you will be a business partner to the various lines of businesses developing at Toast. Partnering directly with VPs and their leadership teams at the helm of those groups, the ideal candidate will bring strong functional human resources expertise, business acumen, consultative skills, and customer service orientation to advance employee engagement and performance, management capability, and efficient people process. The person in this role should have proven experience understanding business concepts, and aligning business needs with HR support and solutions to move the commercialization functions of the business ahead in a hyper-growth environment. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness to effectively build and sustain strong partnerships with trust and credibility across the business, particularly with the VPs and their leadership teams.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Partner with the Principal PSP to lead the development and execution of talent management processes such as quarterly and annual performance and talent reviews, succession planning, compensation reviews, and engagement exercises in partnership with business leadership and the broader People Success team.
- Ability to identify the needs for change and lead the implementation and adaption to new or changing structures (leadership or organizational), cultural change, or programs/processes
- Work closely with VPs, their leadership and individuals on various teams to implement strategies and programs that develop their workforce to achieve its strategic goals while improving the overall employee experience.
- Collaborate with all areas of the People Team ( talent acquisition, compensation, operations, DEI teams) to deliver an aligned, effective people-centric approach to your partner organizations.
- Work to build people-related solutions by leveraging people trends, insights, and data to drive the implementation of projects and programs.
- Provide strategic partnership and coaching to employees and people managers at all levels to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent.
- Provide guidance on employee relations matters and conduct investigations as needed.
- Create & ensure policies, practices, and programs are administered in an equitable and consistent manner.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proven ability to establish trust, coach and partner with executive and mid-level leadership
- 3+ years of experience in HR Business Partner role
- Ability to create and implement end-to-end people programs that are impactful, efficient, creative, and bold
- Strong experience leading teams experiencing business transformations
- Demonstrated ability to show excellent judgment, creative problem-solving, and training/coaching
- Strong teamwork, communication & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, with multiple stakeholders with varying needs
- Solid understanding of HR practices, policies, and employment law
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR-related field and/or HR certification preferred
- Experience working in the Technology/SaaS industry is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.