Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is continuously growing and changing! Our People Operations team supports and enhances the employee journey by evolving our processes and systems as we scale. We meet Toasters in moments that matter. By enabling the business with tools and efficient processes, we support all Toasters to thrive through providing a reliable and positive employee experience.
This roll* owns the execution of day-to-day activities to keep our people data accurate and up-to-date, directly impacting the experience of employees or managers and ensuring that business runs smoothly. An ideal candidate would have fierce organization, unparalleled attention to detail, and strong communication skills.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and detail-oriented person to join our People Operations Team. The People Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations, tasks and projects supporting the People Team.
We offer a great opportunity to learn the full-cycle employee experience including onboarding, employee record management, process improvement, system implementation, and off-boarding. The People Operations Specialist will be friendly and helpful, comfortable with handling highly confidential information and will know how to prioritize work and understand the balancing act of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
What you will do:
- Enter and maintain employee information into our HR System on a timely basis, accountable for administration and data integrity and keep the strictest of confidentiality with sensitive employee information
- Handle inbound employee inquiries, identify needs, process necessary transactions in our system of record, Workday and other HR systems, and escalate issues
- Proactively identify process improvements and collaborate towards a more productive process that improves the employee and/or manager’s experience
- Perform other related duties or special projects as necessary
Do you have the right ingredients?
The ideal candidate in this role will be customer-oriented with strong organization skills, the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks with tight deadlines, while maintaining impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
Additional qualifications are:
- Experience working in a HR department strongly preferred with 1-2 years of experience, Co-op and internship experience will be considered
- Handle inbound employee inquiries, identify needs, process necessary transactions in Workday and other systems, and escalate issues
- Deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle.
- Experience with Workday, ADP, or other HRIS systems a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain discretion
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Resources related field preferred