Do you like wearing multiple hats? Do you see yourself as more of a generalist than a specialist? Ellevation is looking for a People Operations Manager who enjoys partnering with teams to drive results and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role requires a little bit of everything related to human resources including employee relations, recruitment, performance, learning and development, benefits, compensation, and compliance. You will be hands-on in all People Operations areas. While you don’t need to be an expert in all areas, you know where and how to find solutions. This is an exciting opportunity if you enjoy doing a little bit of all things related to people.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation’s mission to improve outcomes for EL students.
- Understand Ellevation’s values and how People Operations partners with internal teams to drive results.
- Become familiar with our internal people tools including Lever (ATS), Namely (HRIS), Small Improvements (Performance), and Lessonly (LMS).
- Understand how our people processes support accountability across Ellevation.
- Answer your first benefits-related question successfully on your own.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Partner with a hiring manager to source, select and hire your first candidate!
- Assist in onboarding a new Ellevation employee.
- Own all employee documentation updates and edits in Namely (our HRIS).
- Create your first micro-learning lesson in Lessonly (our learning management system).
- Support an employee to successfully navigate the leave of absence process.
- Serve as super admin on our internal people operations tools.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Establish strong working relationships and build rapport with colleagues and people leaders throughout the company.
- Navigate a tricky employee relations topic.
- Be the Ellevation benefit expert and main point of contact on all employee benefits and compliance questions.
- Support the annual compensation and bonus process.
- Partner with our Diversity & Inclusion affinity group (DELL) on an inclusion project or activity.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Seen as a trusted advisor to employees and people leaders.
- Assist with updates of employee handbook, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in compliance reporting.
- Lead the annual benefit open enrollment process.
- 4+ years of People Operations/HR experience.
- Trustworthy: You are skilled in building rapport/relationships.
- Flexible: You can easily pivot in a fast-paced environment.
- Inclusive: You are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace.
- Problem-solver: You can find solutions and drive results.
- Adaptable self-starter: You’re excited to dive into new projects.
- Great listener and communicator: You are skilled at both verbal and written communication.
- Prior SaaS experience is a plus
- Payroll experience/knowledge is a plus
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.